The Prysmian FP PLUS Flex™ is a hard skin cable for Enhanced fire alarm and fire detection circuits as defined in BS5839-1:2002. Ideal for installations where a more flexible cable is required.
The FP Plus Flex is primarily for fire detection and fire alarm systems in buildings. FP PLUS Flex is BASEC and LPCB approved in accordance with the requirements of BS5839-1:2002+A2:2008 Clause 26.2 for enhanced fire resisting cables. Ideal for installations where a more flexible cable is required.
- Conductor : Plain annealed copper solid (1.0 – 1.5mm²) or stranded (2.5 – 4.0mm²) conductor complying with BS EN 60228 class 1 or class 2
- Insulation : Cross-linked damage resistant insulation (Type EI5) over mineral ceramic (mica/glass) tape
- Screen : Helically applied laminated copper tape screen in contact with full size tinned annealed copper circuit protective conductor which provides automatic screen earthing
- Core Identification :
- Two Core : Brown / Blue;
- Three Core : Brown / Black / Grey;
- Four Core : Blue / Brown / Black / Grey
- Sheath Robust thermoplastic LSOH® sheath
- Colour – White or Red (more colours available for special order). For external exposure the use of a white sheath is recommended
- Installation : FP PLUS FlexTM should be installed in accordance with BS7671/IET or Wiring Regulations and/or any other appropriate national regulations or codes. For outdoor installation use white sheathed cable, red sheath requires additional suitable UV protection. Ideal for surface, tray, direct burial in plaster or other methods that benefit from a pliable product.
- Temperature Range : -25 to +70°C
- Bending Radius : Fixed r=6D
- Mechanical Impact : Medium
- Fire Performance : BSEN60332-1-2; BSEN50266-2-4
- Flexibility : Semi Flexible
- Halogen Free : BSEN50267-2-1
- Low Smoke Emissions : BSEN61034-2
- Fire Resistant : BS6387 Category CWZ; BSEN50200 PH120; BS8434-2 120 min
FP Plus Flex Ordering
|Cores||Nominal cross sectional area||Conceptual construction||Mean overall diameter||Approximate cable weight|
Please download the PDF below for full cable ordering and specification information.
- Minimum recommended installation temperature 0°C
- Installation methods for current rating in accordance with BS7671/IEE Wiring Regulations
- The tabulated ratings are based upon a 30°C ambient temperature and 70°C operating temperature.
- For other ambient temperatures or where cables are grouped together, the appropriate rating factors should be applied
Temperature ratings factor
Correction factors for groupings
|Number of Circuits||2||3||4||5||6||7|
Click to download the Prysmian FP Plus™ Flex Brochure (PDF)