The FP100 cable is the original fire resistant solution for single core steel conduit and trunking. Prysmian was formerly known as Pirelli cable and has a long history for fire safe cables. We supply the full range of Prysmian FP Cables at AJH Cables.
Prysmian FP100 cable is single core, so ideally suited for fire alarm, lighting and other emergency services which need to be kept on for an amount of time during a fire, complying with various regulations.
Conductor : Plain annealed copper stranded (class 2) conductor
Insulation : Mineral ceramic (Mica/Glass) fire resistant tape. 90°C high performance cross linked mineral filled insulation.
Applications : Essential safety circuits where the cable is protected by metal conduit. May also be used for emergency lighting, fire alarm systems not requiring a twisted cable or other essential services.
- 450/750 V and 600/1000 V
- BS 6387:1994 Cat C (950±40°C for 180 mins)
- BS 6387:1994 Cat W (650±40°C for 30 mins)
- BS 6387:1994 Cat Z (950±40°C for 15 mins)
- EN 50267-2-2:1999
- EN 61034-2:2005
- IEC 60331-21:1999
- Use in screwed steel conduit to achieve fire rating
- LPCB Approved
- Low smoke, zero halogen, flame retardant
FP100 Core Identification
FP100 Cable Ordering Information
|Nominal cross sectional area||Approx overall diameter||Approx cable weight|
For full specification of voltage drop, current ratings etc, see PDF download below.
- *Sizes 1.5 – 10mm2 are rated at 450/750V
- Installation methods for current rating “Enclosed in conduit on a wall or in trunking” in accordance with BS7671/IEE Wiring Regulations.
- Minimum recommended installation temperature -5°C.
- The tabulated ratings are based upon a 30°C ambient temperature at 90°C operating temperature.
- For other ambient temperatures or where several circuits are grouped together, the following rating factors should be applied.
Temperature ratings factor
Rating Factors for Groupings
|Number of circuits||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
Click to download the Prysmian FP100 Cable PDF.