The Prysmian FP400® is the original fire resistant armoured cable providing an easy to install and terminate, robust fire resistant wiring system. In addition to maintaining circuit integrity during a fire, FP400 produces very low levels of smoke and virtually no (less than 0.5%) acidic gases, thus safeguarding human life and protecting equipment.
The Prysmian FP400 is an armoured, fire resistant power cable for safety circuits associated with fire detection, fire alarm and emergency lighting. FP400 cable maintains circuit integrity during BS6387 CWZ fire test and produces very low levels of smoke and virtually no acidic gases.
FP400 handles like a standard armoured cable and can be installed just as easily. No special tools or accessories are needed to install or terminate FP400 and it is suitable for indoor or outdoor use and may be installed as direct burial, trough, fixed direct, tray or ladder.
Prysmian FP400 has BASEC and LPCB approval to meet BS7846 Category F2 fire, water and shock test.
The FP400 cables are used for power supply to essential services required to operate in the event of fire and feature the highest levels of resistance to fire and mechanical damage.
The FP400 Cables meet the fire performance requirements of BS 6387 Category CWZ, BS EN 60332-1-2, BS EN 50266-2-4, BS EN 61034-2 and produce less than 0.5% acidic gases when tested in accordance with BS EN 50267-2-1.
- Certification : The fire resistant properties of the FP400 cable are certified by a recognised approval body.
- Outer sheath : Robust black outer sheath extruded compound complying with BS7655 type LTS1 and BS7846.
- Metallic Armour : The armour comprises a single layer of galvanised steel wires, complying with BS7846.
- Bedding : An extruded low smoke halogen free (LSOH) bedding shall be applied over the laid up cores so that the complete assembly has a reasonably circular shape. The thickness shall comply with BS7846.
- Cores :
- Two Core : Red – Black
- Three Core : Red – Yellow – Blue
- Four Core : Black – Red – Yellow – Blue
- 7-48 cores : white with printed numbers
- Insulation : The insulation shall be of a robust cross-linked type complying with BS7655 type GP8 (XLPE). The thickness shall comply with BS7846.
- A mineral ceramic fire resistant tape shall be applied over the conductor to meet the fire resistance test requirements.
- Conductors : Plain annealed copper stranded (class 2) conductor for ease of handling.
- Voltage rating : The cables are rated at 600/1000V.
- Installation : The minimum recommended installation temperature is 0°C. FP400 is suitable for indoor and outdoor installations. For external exposure the use of a Black sheath is recommended. The cable should be installed in accordance with BS7671/IEE Wiring Regulations or any other appropriate national regulations. The cable is suitable for direct burial, trough, tray, ladder or other installations requiring a robust armoured cable.
- Bending Radius : A minimum internal radius of bend of 6 x cable diameter is recommended during installations for cables having circular conductors and 8 x cable diameter for cables having shaped conductors.
- Current Ratings : The tabulated ratings are based upon a 30°C ambient temperature and a 90°C operating temperature.For other ambient temperatures or where cables are grouped together, the following rating factors should be applied.
For ordering information and more specifcations, please download the Prysmian FP400 PDF.