The Prysmian FP600S LSOH cable is the ultimate fire resistant, armoured cable for power and control and suitable for retaining circuit integrity for emergency, life safety and fighting systems used in buildings. Specific applications includes:
- Smoke barriers, control dampers, smoke curtains
- Smoke and heat exhaust ventilation systems
- Fire fighting and evacuation lift supplies
- Extinguishing systems – sprinkler pumps, water mist and powder
- Wet riser pumps
The FP600S has been designed and developed for the toughest British Standard fire test for cables, BS8491 F120. It meets or exceeds the fire resistance requirements of Category 1,2 and 3 which makes it suitable for power and control circuits as defined in BS8519:2010. The cable is featured on the LU – Approved Products Register approved by London Underground meeting the criteria for LU 1-085 and is suitable for use in section 12 (underground and surface) applications.
- Cable Colours
- Two Core Harmonised : brown / blue
- Three Core Harmonised : brown / black / grey
- Four Core Harmonised : blue / brown / black / grey
- Two Core Non Harmonised : red / black
- Three Core Non Harmonised : red / yellow / blue
- Four Core Non Harmonised : black / red / yellow / blue
- Other colours are available to special order
- Sheath : Robust thermoplastic Black LSOH sheath. Other colours to special order for minimum quantity.
- Prysmian FP600S Armour : Single layer of galvanised steel wires
- Prysmian FP600S Conductor : Plain annealed copper stranded circular (4-35 mm²) or shaped (50-400 mm²) conductor complying with BS EN 60228 Class 2.
- Prysmian FP600S Insulation : Mineral ceramic (Mica/Glass) fire resistant tape. 90°C cross linked insulation
- Prysmian FP600S Bedding : Thermoplastic LSOH bedding compound to retain orientation of the cores and support the galvanised steel wire armour layer
FP600S Technical Specifications
- Temperature Range : -25 to +90°C
- Bending Radius : Fixed Circular conductor 6D; Shaped conductor 8D
- Mechanical Impact : High
- Flame Propagation : BS EN 60332-1-2; BS EN 60332-3-24
- Flexibility : Rigid
- Halogen Free : BS EN 50267-2-1
- Low smoke emissions : BS EN 61034-2
- Fire Resistance : BS 7846 F120, BS 8491 120 min
Correction factors for Ambient temperatures : See BS7671, table 4B1 – Rating factors (Ca) for ambient air temperatures other than 30°C
Correction factors for grouping of cables : See BS7671, table 4C1 – Rating factors for one circuit or one multicore cable or for a group of circuits, or a group of multicore cables. See BS7671, table 4C4 – Rating factors for groups of more than one multicore cable, to be applied to reference current-carrying capacities for multicore cables in free air.
For full specification including ordering information, please download the Prysmian FP600S PDF.