0361TQ EPR/CSP Heat and Oil resistant, Flame Retardant (HOFR) flexible cable can be used for the transmission of high currents from the electric welding machine to the welding tool. The cables are highly flexible suitable for use under rough conditions such as in machine tool applications, motor car manufacturing and ship building. The cables can also be used for non-welding applications such as earthing return leads, flexible tails on power supply and busbar connections.
- Highly flexible
- Heat resistant to +85 °C
- BS638 Part 4
- Flame retardant to BS EN 60332-1-2
- Conductor material: Extra flexible tinned copper to BS EN 60228 (previously BS6360)
- Conductor class: Class 5 or 6
- Separator: Crepe paper / Polyester tape (PET)
- Insulation material: EPR (Ethylene Propylene Rubber), type GP4 according to BS 7655
- Outer sheath material: CSP (Chlorosulphonated Polyethylene) also known as HOFR (Heat Oil resistant, Flame Retardant), type EM5 according to BS EN 50363
- Single core: Orange or Black
- Working Voltage: 100 Volts, 450 Volts for non-welding applications when protected from mechanical damage
- Bending radius: 6 x overall diameter (x Ø)
- Operating temperature range: -20 °C up to +85 °C
- Maximum conductor temperature: +85 °C
|0361TQ16*||16||512 x 0.21||2.0||10.9||212|
|0361TQ25*||25||800 x 0.21||2.0||12.5||300|
|0361TQ35*||35||1120 x 0.21||2.0||14.1||403|
|0361TQ50*||50||705 x 0.31||2.2||16.0||560|
|0361TQ70*||70||990 x 0.31||2.4||18.6||776|
|0361TQ95*||95||1340 x 0.31||2.6||21.2||1,035|
|0361TQ120*||120||614 x 0.51||2.8||23.1||1,300|
|0361TQ150*||150||765 x 0.51||3.0||25.6||1,650|
|0361TQ185*||185||944 x 0.51||3.2||28.0||1,944|
|0361TQ240*||240||1225 x 0.51||3.4||30.3||2,330|
- Conductor Resistance and Voltage Drop (for guidance only)
|VOLTS PER 100 AMP PER 10 METRES
|CURRENT RATINGS FOR COPPER CONDUCTORS FOR A SINGLE CYCLE MAXIMUM DUTY CYCLE 100%|
*The value for AC current may be much higher, depending on the configuration of the cables.
Ambient air temperature: +25 °C
Ambient temperature: Cable operating temperature also varies according to the prevailing ambient temperature. EPR/CSP cables are designed to give optimum performances up to an operating temperature of 85°C at an ambient temperature of 25°C. The reduction factors for increased ambient temperatures are:
Ambient temperature: 30°C 35°C 40°C 45°C 50°C 55°C
Reduction factor: 0.96 0.91 0.87 0.82 0.76 0.79
Where total cable lengths in excess of 15m are involved, it may be necessary to use cable of larger cross section to ensure that the voltage drop is not excessive and welding currents are maintained at adequate levels.
Duty Cycle: The duty cycle is defined as the time for which the current flows expressed as a percentage of the complete cycle, which is taken as 5 minutes. Since the length of time for which the current flows during welding operation varies from occasional to continuous, the duty cycle can vary from as little as 20% to maximum of 100% on automatic operation. As conductor temperature varies according to the time in use as well as current, ratings shown are given as a guide:
- Automatic welding: Up to 100%
- Semi-automatic: 30 – 85%
- Manual welding: 30 – 60%
*Add colour required.
*Sizes up to and including 185mm² conform to BS 638 Part 4
*High operating temperatures or prolonged maximum loading of the cable reduces the life or makes the cable too hot to handle. Thus under conditions where a long service life cannot be expected or where a high surface temperature is tolerable, the current rating for 25°C may be applied up to an ambient temperature of 40°C.